Having to face financial difficulties is nothing to be ashamed about in today’s economy. If you have benefited from our recent articles about the economy and bankruptcy, look through these great resources from around the Web for even more helpful information.
- Are you a homeowner facing foreclosure from the bank? Chapter 13 bankruptcy can help stops this process and let you keep your home. The U.S. Courts website explains the basics of this process.
- If you are employed but at risk of losing your home, the federal government’s Home Affordable Modification Program may be beneficial to help you keep your home.
- Hundreds of thousands of families file for bankruptcy every year. MSN Money explains the best practices for surviving and thriving after filing for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13.
- Does your family earn enough to feel economically secure? NPR News notes that the average family of four must earn over $67,000 a year in today’s trying times.
- According to Illinois law, a family of four must earn less than $81,465 in order to qualify for Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Click through to see the rest of the rates.
- Between 2007 and 2011, bankruptcy rates in the U.S. increased by over 85%. The U.S. Department of Justice published statistics about the common legal procedure.
For a bankruptcy attorney in the Belleville and St. Louis areas, contact Dixon & Johnston at (618) 233-1103 to schedule a free case evaluation.
The materials available at this website are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use and access to this website or any of the links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.