Just because you’ve been denied social security disability benefits or alimony does not mean you cannot gain rightful compensation. Check out these links from around the web for more information on how bankruptcy can stop foreclosure, how to appeal a denied SSDI claim, and the difference between secured and unsecured debts.
- Explore this article from CNN.com to learn how filing for bankruptcy can help stop the foreclosure process.
- Check out this link from the San Francisco Chronicle for more information on how filing for bankruptcy affects foreclosure proceedings.
- Did you know that spouses who fail to pay alimony may face a number of penalties? Learn more about the Non-Support Punishment Act with this link from the Illinois General Assembly.
- This link from SSA.gov provides an overview on the Social Security Administration’s definition of disability.
- What is the difference between social security disability insurance and SSI benefits? Check out this link from AARP for more information.
- Check out this link from USCourts.gov to learn how the discharge process works once you have filed for bankruptcy.
- Which debts can be discharged by Chapter 7 bankruptcy? Find out with this Bankrate.com article.
- Learn more about unsecured debt with this link from Investopedia.com.
- Learn about the bankruptcy process with this article from HowStuffWorks.com.
Give the attorneys with Dixon & Johnston, P.C. a call at (618) 233-1103 for more information on our practice areas.